We provide support for the safeguarding and child protection at Southfields Primary. We keep child protection records secure, offer advice and support to colleagues, pass on concerns to relevant agencies and liaise with social care workers. We attend all child protection conferences and provide reports and analysis for courts and proceedings.
What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding is the process of protecting children and young people from abuse and neglect, preventing impairment of their health and development and ensuring they are growing up in circumstances consistent of safety, which enables children and young people to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
We provide support and guidance for children and their families on varying issues. Our role is wide ranging but our key aim is helping pupils of all ages and abilities achieve their full potential.
How can we help you?
- Attendance issues
- Transitions to new classes and schools
- Changes in family circumstances
- Bereavement and loss
- Supporting children who have English as a second language
- Ensuring children engage fully with their learning and overcome any barriers
- Raise self esteem and confidence
- Social and emotional skills
- liaising and working with outside agencies who might be supporting your child
Please don’t hesitate if you need to get in touch with us.
Tel: 024 76633921
Family Support Mentors