Tuna and bean salad recipe
This colourful salad is a good way to include fish in your child’s lunchbox. This would work well with a slice of malt loaf and a satsuma.
Prep Time – 10 Mins, Cooking Time – None, Effort – Super easy
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Large pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Large pinch of mustard powder
- Large pinch of black pepper
- 1 slice of pepper, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 3cm piece of cucumber, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp canned mixed beans in water, drained
- ½ x 160g can of tuna in spring water, drained
- To serve: 1 thick slice of wholemeal bread and lower-fat spread
- Complete your lunchbox with:
- A satsuma
- Slice of malt loaf
Double the recipe to use the rest of the can of tuna and save for the next day.
Serve with the bread and lower-fat spread.
This would also work well with cold pasta as a pasta salad, instead of serving with bread.