Chicken and vegetable parcels recipe
Prep time 10 Mins, Cooking Time 40 Mins, Effort – Super Easy, Serves 4
- 4 uncooked skinless,boneless chicken breasts
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 courgette, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Cut 4 pieces of greaseproof paper or baking parchment, each measuring approximately 30cm square. Put each chicken breast onto a separate square of greaseproof paper.
Fold up the paper to wrap up the chicken completely. Put the parcels into a steamer, cover and steam for 35 to 40 minutes.
Check that the chicken is properly cooked by unwrapping one of the parcels and inserting a sharp knife into the thickest part. The juices should run clear with no traces of pink.
It’s important when steaming to make sure the water never boils dry. Check from time to time and top up with extra boiling water if needed.
Serve the chicken in the parcels, along with vegetables and noodles, rice or potatoes.